Thursday, January 3, 2013

Final Post!

This project was overall very fun and I learned a lot! The novel was very enjoyable and full of information regarding my subject. The second part of the novel focuses on the corporate power, class oppression, and education.  In this part of the novel, it focuses on the affects of class and race on educational outcomes in the United States.  I found this section of the novel to be very  beneficial toward my study.  As far as my survey goes- My survey was a total of ten questions and of the 30 surveys I handed out, I received fourteen back. Most of my results from my survey was in favor of my hypothesis: A person from a low class family will have a lower education level than a person who came from the upper class.  I did this project because attending college is very important in my family.  Neither of my parents attended college, so they have both stressed to my sister and I how important college is.  I wanted to therefore do some research about how social class affects what education level you can reach.  Can't wait to present my project! 

1 comment: